Are you making resolutions for the new year? Most people make resolutions every year. Oftentimes these resolutions are linked to healthy living. The new year comes in and everyone is excited ready to begin their transformation. They purchase a gym membership and begin a diet. Unfortunately, many people lose focus before any significant change is made. Year after year our bodies are paying the price for us neglecting to take care of yourselves! Let’s mix things up in 2019 and ditch new year resolutions. Instead of developing resolutions that we rarely keep we will learn how to completely love yourselves. In this social media world its pretty easy to forget what true love looks like and how to display it to ourselves. We “love” so many things recipes, craft ideas, art and the list goes on and on. Is it possible that we have created a society where it’s cool to neglect ourselves? Surviving on a few hours of sleep every night and feeding our bodies toxic food has become normal. How can develop a new normal? Let’s discuss working on the inside which will ultimately manifest on the outside.
Loving yourself is the best gift a person can give to themselves. Truly loving yourself is a choice that should be made daily. Pouring into yourself requires an investment. Investing in yourself is THE greatest return on investment. Wherever you find yourself in life you will always be with YOU. Here are some practical ways to invest in yourself:
- Learn your strengths. Strengths finder 2.0 is a great book that will help you learn your strengths and how to use them to your best advantage.
- Find a mentor. On this journey called life there is someone out there who was once where you are, and they overcame. A mentor will help stay focused and serve as a reminder that change is gradual.
- Attend a self-development conference. The conference will hopefully provide opportunities for you to connect with others who are on a similar journey as yourself. Utilize this opportunity to develop friendships and connections.
Once you are more aware of yourself and have learned how to grow the best things about you loving yourself completely will become more natural. Let’s be honest. Many of the resolutions tied to diet and exercise stem from a lack of love for ourselves. Living healthy is a lifestyle choice. Every day we should wake up with the attitude that I love myself so much I will not allow toxins to invade my life physically or mentally. Implementing this strategy into your lifestyle can be challenging however it is possible. Get started on this path by making the following decisions:
- You have heard the saying proper preparation prevents poor performance. Regarding eating healthy this is definitely true! Meal planning will help you stay on track while putting good food in, so you can perform at your best.
- Who are the five people you spend the most time with during a day? Are these people helping or hurting you? When you determine this answer allow your behavior to reflect accordingly don’t keep people in your energy who are harmful. Remove toxicity from your life!
- Our bodies are designed to move. Take small steps such as using the stairs instead of the elevator and parking farther and taking the walk. Gradually work towards physically engaging activity at least thirty minutes a day.
Loving yourself is a continual process. Eventually you will find yourself making daily, weekly, and monthly goals. Say good-bye to new year resolutions and say yes to choosing yourself daily!