There has been a sudden rise in access to the Internet. While men tend to use these technologies more, there is a rise in the number of women using these emerging technologies. Since the nature of digital technology allows women to expand their horizons, women-owned businesses are rising. Did you know that Alibaba’s Taobao, an eCommerce platform, has an equal number of male and female store owners?
But did you know that if you want to excel in the digital world, you must have the following digital skills to make a difference further? Having such skills enables you to create, share, communicate, and collaborate with different people.
Don’t know what that could be? Let’s find out now!
This is about finding, accessing, and verifying information so that you can use it. It’s also about eliminating what’s fake or false. So you must have a knowledge of navigating search engines effectively. This will require some critical thinking skills as well.
Ability to Create Appropriate Materials
With digital transformation readily becoming an integral part of every organization, the ability to create powerful presentations, posters, flyers, reports, and other documents is always a plus. Also, with more than 2.7 billion active social media users, you must have the ability to promote your organization using different social media platforms. And if you are running an organization, this skill will help you build brand awareness and create a strong online presence.
Understanding The Importance of Digital Collaboration
If you don’t know how to share your ideas through different platforms, such as Google docs, iCloud, and others, you won’t be able to collaborate with teams remotely. Remember, you’ll have to manage projects that require the ability to create, revise, and edit. So, you must know how to collaborate digitally.
This isn’t it! You must also be fluent in choosing the right devices. Yes, you heard it right! It will help you work with the same level of efficiency. Not only that, you must have an idea about the hacks that will help you do your assignments faster and more efficiently.
So, it is quite clear that, like anyone, you will also require some time-saving tips when using digital devices. And if you own a Mac, you’ve come to the right place. Let’s start!
Time Saving Tips
- If you want multiple apps to run fullscreen, you can go to “Mission Control” and enable multiple spaces. By dragging applications here, you can create a new space automatically.
- You can easily swipe between spaces using two fingers to swipe left or right. But for that, you need to enable such a feature in Gestures, Mouse, and System Preferences.
- If you don’t want to get distracted and wish to open the application in a specific space every time, you must right-click or control-click the icon. Find it using Options, then switch to This Desktop.
But what if you are making a presentation and suddenly delete the file? Or you are creating a content calendar for the next three months and mistakenly delete the folder? What will you do?
Well! Don’t worry!
You can recover deleted files using this option. Let’s begin!
If you are using Mac as your system, you must be using Time Machine to back up your files. If you have this, even if you delete the file, your trash will still be accessible using this application. And using it is simple.
- Just go to System Preferences, then switch to Time Machine.
- Select Backup Disk and choose the type of disk you wish to use for your backups.
But how to retrieve it? For this, you’ll have to look for the Time Machine app using system preferences and click on the folder or the app you wish to recover. But that’s not all! You have other options as well. Click this link, https://setapp.com/how-to/how-to-recover-deleted-files-after-emptying-trash, and find the plethora of ways to recover your deleted files.
Do you wish to save some more time and use it to generate some productive ideas? The following keyboard shortcuts will help you do that.
- Command+Shift+Option+V allows you to paste the information in the same formatting style. It is nothing like Command+C or Command+V, where the text is pasted in the same fancy style as it is on the website or the page you are copying from.
- Control+D allows you to remove the character by acting as a backspace. You won’t feel the absence of the backspace key. That’s usually the case with Mac devices.
- Command+T helps you to show or hide the Fonts window. In fact, you can easily find the option of strikethrough text that’s usually not visible.
- Command+Tab is the same as Windows Alt+Tab. It helps you move on to the recently used app. You can browse through apps to find the one you want to use at this particular moment.
There is a steep rise in the demand for digital technologies. And everyone understands their role in growing their career or business. The same rule applies to women-owned enterprises as well. It goes without saying that one needs to know how to work smartly if they wish to accomplish their goals and desires.
Remember, time management is one of the most important aspects if you want to achieve more in a shorter time frame. There is no point doing a particular thing for hours when you can easily save hours and utilize them for doing something productive.
Obviously, having the right devices and apps/ tools will further improve your credibility as a leader. Why? Because your efficiency is directly proportional to your system’s efficiency. Precisely why world leaders opt for Mac devices to carry out day-to-day business operations.
Do you also want to save your time? If yes, use the above-mentioned tips and add the required skills to become a better version of yourself.
That must be your mantra to do better and also to rule the male-dominated business world.
“This is a Sponsored Post – the author has requested this post be shared on Women of Wisdom Magazine and WE were compensated for sharing.”